Areas of expertise:
- Consumer advocate and educator
- Public Health Physician
- Therapeutic Goods Policy
- Quality of medicines and medical devices
- Equity of access
- Viable and responsible industry
- Quality of use (especially ethical promotion)
2016 ANZAAS Medal
- For contribution to science which go beyond normal professional activities.
2016 Australian Skeptic of the Year
- Jointly with Mal Vickers, for continued and determined efforts which have made a significant impact on exposing malpractice in the chiropractic industry and its governing bodies.
2017 Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- For significant service to community health and the pharmaceutical industry through roles in developing guidelines for the ethical use of antibiotics.