Dr Ken Harvey supports Dr Monique Ryan’s candidature for the Federal seat of Kooyong in the 2022 Federal election.
- Why? See:
To help health professionals and consumers make more informed choices, especially about medicines.
- President, Friends of Science in Medicine
- Honorary Adjunct Associate Professor, Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare, Bond University.
- Committe member, Health Action International Asia Pacific
- Public Health Physician
- Consumer and science advocate and educator
2013 Life membership of Choice (Australian Consumers Association) and the Australian Skeptics
- Choice for service to the consumer movement and Skeptics in recognition of his relentless campaigning against shonky medical products and claims.
2016 ANZAAS Medal
- For contribution to science which go beyond normal professional activities.
2016 Australian Skeptic of the Year
- Jointly with Mal Vickers, for continued and determined efforts which have made a significant impact on exposing malpractice in the chiropractic industry and its governing bodies.
2017 Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- For significant service to community health and the pharmaceutical industry through roles in developing guidelines for the ethical use of antibiotics.